South Kensington has an incredible number of businesses and neighborhood resources, ranging from a trapeze school, to fantastic local restaurants that have been here for decades, to factories and art studios. Old school and new, SK has one of the most diverse group of small business in all of Philadelphia, and our coffee scene is no exception.
There are a ton of beautiful and delicious spots to get a great brew in the neighborhood, with more on the way. Ranging from the trendy to the traditional, there’s something here for every coffee drinker:
- El Cafeito. 1700 N 3rd St. A favorite spot for sandwiches, meals, baked goods, and coffee, everything at El Cafeito has a Cuban kick. Run by a longtime local, this cafe has traditional feeling with creative flair.
- Buzz Cafe. 1800 N Howard St. A dependable option for phenomenal coffee and even-more-phenomenal baked goods, handmade by the owner.
- Reanimator. 310 Master St. Although it’s not quite open yet, Reanimator is opening their second location. Also a roasting and training center, this cafe will be a peaceful spot that works with the industrial history of the building.
- Gryphon Coffee. 100 W. Oxford St. Another artisan roaster with a focus on doing right by its neighborhood, Gryphon is the newest addition to Oxford Mills.
- Dew Inn. 501 W Girard. If you’re looking for a hot, bottomless cup of joe in the perfect diner, this is your place. The waitresses couldn’t be nicer and you’re transported to a small town where everyone knows everyone’s name. Breakfasts are simple and tasty and there are meals for every budget.
Whether you're looking for a morning pick me up, an afternoon lunch spot or an evening book nook, the neighborhood's got a spot for you--even if you didn't know it was there!