contact us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right.

1301 N 2nd St
Philadelphia, PA, 19122
United States


Neighborhood help desk and catalyst for community engagement & action in the South Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia

The SKCP Blog

Notes from 311 and L&I Meeting

South Kensington Community Partners

Thanks to Daniel Ramos, Community Engagement Coordinator for Philly 311, and Brett Martin and Perry Cocco from Licenses & Inspections for joining the June community meeting hosted by South Kensington Community Partners, and to all the neighbors who attended this meeting!

Read on for a few notes and takeaways from the meeting, and please join us on Saturday, June 9 for the 311 Blitz and Bandit Sign Roundup!


You can submit a service request to Philly311 in many different ways! Download the 311 app for Apple or Android devices so you can report on the go, or use the desktop site to submit online. You can also call 311 (or 215-686-8686 if you are outside the city), or visit the Walk-In Center (Room 167 at City Hall) during business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:15 am - 4:15 pm).

Common Reporting Mistakes: Often service requests are closed out because the issue was not reported correctly. Check out this handy FAQ for some tips!

Vacant Lots: South Kensington Community Partners’ Land Care program is funded by PHS to care for vacant land in the neighborhood during warm months. This program creates jobs to people in the neighborhood and keeps undeveloped land from becoming hazardous - a win-win! If you see a lot in the neighborhood that needs some love, please reach out to our office ( instead of reporting to 311. If the lot is not on our list, we will contact the owner to discuss maintaining the property for a fee that will go to our crew instead of having the owner fined and the lot cleaned by the city.

You can also use Atlas to check on the ownership of lots before you report.

311 Liaison: 311 Liaisons are community members trained to use the online 311 database to better communicate issues in the neighborhood. Ellie at SKCP is a trained liaison and can help get your service request handled if you reach out ( with the service request number. You can also get trained as a liaison! The next training is on Monday, June 11. SKCP can also host a training if there is enough interest from community members. Get in touch with Ellie if you're interested!

Licenses & Inspection

Common Violations

Operating Hours - Construction activity is permitted between 7 am and 8pm Monday through Friday, and 8 am to 8 pm on weekends and holidays.

Fencing - site should be secured by fencing to prevent access from street.

Sidewalk - construction sites should leave at least four feet of sidewalk accessible. If more of the sidewalk is blocked, the site must have a sidewalk closure permit through the Streets Department.

Demolition - notice must be posted at the property prior to demolition, and neighbors should receive a notice in their mailbox at least 21 days in advance.

Standing water - sites collecting water create public health risk. Report these to 311 and follow up with the Department of Public Health (215-685-9026)

How to Report: Construction violations should be reported to 311, and in the event of an emergency or urgent concern after hours, please call 911. If you are unsatisfied with the response to your report, you can contact the supervisors at the district office for our neighborhood - Ray Gaines or Guy Porter. They can be reached at 215-683-0588.

North Central Office: The Old / South Kensington neighborhood is covered by the newly opened North Central Office for Licenses and Inspections. This office is located at 1514 Cecil B. Moore Ave and open Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. If you are unsatisfied with the response to your reports on violations or have an urgent matter, please contact the supervisors at this location - Ray Gaines or Guy Porter. They can be reached at 215-683-0588.