About the NAC
The South Kensington Neighborhood Advisory Committee is a program of SKCP and exists to serve as a liaison between the community and the Office of Housing and Community Development. Since that time, the committee has created programs and events designed to foster community and worked in conjunction with residents to address pressing neighborhood concerns and issues.
Core services funded through OHCD include:
- Connecting homeowners and prospective homeowners with grants and low-interest loans for house acquisition and improvement, and assisting with rent/tax rebate applications.
- Assisting residents in need of securing food stamps, immediate and long-term low-income rental housing, and avoidance of shut-offs through LIHEAP and utility companies
- Distribution of information about neighborhood employment and job training programs.
- Allowing residents to report problems and issues anonymously through SKCP as a Philly 311 Neighborhood Liaison.
- Distribution of recycling bins, educating residents about all aspects of recycling, and encouraging enrollment in the RecycleBank program.
Upcoming NAC Elections
Looking for ways to get involved in your community? Get your name on the ballot to run for South Kensington's Neighborhood Advisory Subcommittee.
The Neighborhood Advisory Subcommittee